Sunday, June 26, 2011

Virginia is home...for now.

This is home for the next four years.  Am I happy with that?  I am for the purpose it serves.  It will provide us a better opportunity for our future.  That's about it.

Our recent trip to England reminded me of how much I love it there; not that I needed that much of a reminder.   Being back in Shefford was bittersweet.  Walking the lawns of the priory was emotionally taxing.  Looking at the whole of Chicksands, I saw a part of my past with every flutter of my eyelashes.  There is where I met....this is where my family....this is where my friend...this is where I....it all came rushing back.  How strange to hear nothing but english voices on this base. 

I was so happy there.  Even though there were those reminders of her everywhere, I still felt better there than anywhere I've been since.  Yes, even Ohio. 

Once again I felt that urge to runaway and never return to the states.  It was like nails on a chalkboard to hear american voices. 

I couldn't bring myself to go see friends who live there now.  The shame of how I have become prevented me from doing so.  The train seemed to sense my pain and took off rather rapidly from those stops.  It knew I wasn't ready to see them yet. 

I would never want to go back to my past...but I do want to go back to my past home.  Does that make sense?   Perhaps not.  I suppose I should go pop a pill and succumb to the urge to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment