Monday, April 12, 2010

An Idol from the past


"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." -Robert F. Kennedy

Ahh, the Kennedy men.  I have ALWAYS been secretly in love with most of them (minus Ted, of course).  From Joseph, to John, to Bobby...and even JFK Jr.  Something about these men stirred something patriotic inside of me at an early age.  Whether it was the Kennedy tragedies or their charm, they touched the heart of a ten year old girl and she's loved them ever since. 

You would do well to find a printed text I have not read on my ill-fated men.  I've heard the conspiracy theorists, the nay-sayers, the anti-propagandists.  I've read the Enquirer'ish stories, the historical facts and the letters printed to the Lady who lost Love that tragic day. 

I have nothing in common with these men, nor the family from which they sprung.  I'm not from 'old money'.  I'm not from the East Coast.  I'm not even that politically active.  Yet, I turn to them when looking for a little worldly encouragement.  I've declared myself a Democrat based on these men alone, while always holding republican tendencies. 

Why these thoughts now?  I don't know.  Just something that came to mind that I felt compelled to write about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment